Friday, January 28, 2011

How to Get Started

If your reading this you must be interested in saving money. I will try my best to educate you on how to do that. The blogs I read also has great ideas, and they are what turned me into the coupon obsessed I am today. The other side to that is I found a great bunch of ladies that feeds my obsession and fueled my love of saving money even more. Knowing people who are as passionate about saving money will go a long way in your Couponing adventure.

Pick an organizing system: (getting organized will help your sanity. This will take time in the beginning but if you keep your system organized it will save you in the long run)
  • The envelope
    • you can use, used envelope will not cost you anything. This will keep your coupons together. This is how I initially started until my coupon collection grew and it got too much for me to organize.
  • The binder - (this is one of the systems I currently use)
    • Use a 3 ring binder, baseball card holders and divider tabs. Use tabs to divide your coupons in categories. Idea a tab for each aisle in the grocery store.
    • the baseball card holder is perfect to hold your clipped coupons and allows you to fit 9 coupons per page
  • The paper clip method (this is my other method, I use this when I feel that the newspaper inserts are worth while to buy more than one newspaper a week. This is only if there are great coupons that my family will use a lot of)
    • take the sunday insert, clip the inserts together and on the front write what insert (RP, SS, PG or GM) and the date.
  • The coupon filer ( I use this to separate my coupons per store when I already have my shopping list so I don't have to bring my whole binder in the store)
    • Small purse size filing folder with pockets to separate your coupons, or by stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment